How we use your personal information
(Collective RSL Members)
We, Angus Housing Association, Ochil View Housing Association, East Lothian Housing Association, Grampian Housing Association, Castlehill Housing Association, Hillcrest Homes, Inverclyde Common Housing Register, Osprey Housing Association, Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association and Berwickshire Housing Association, jointly manage and operate the These Homes choice-based lettings platform at thesehomes.com.
When you submit a housing application on These Homes, the personal information contained within your application is made available to us. We are joint controllers of that personal information, which means that we are legally responsible for how we hold and use personal information about you.
It also means we are required to comply with data protection laws when holding and using your personal information. This includes providing you with the details contained within this statement of how we hold and use your personal information, who we may share it with and your rights in relation to your personal information.
For more details on how we manage your personal information, read our full Transparency Statement.
Cookies our website uses
We use the following cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website such as security, network management, and accessibility. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- sessionid- only valid for your current visit and is used to manage our login system and to provide other functionality necessary for the site to work
- AWSALB, AWSALBCORS - expires after 7 days. Used by our load balancer to ensure your sessions are kept on the same server during your visits
- mtm_consent (or mtm_consent_removed) - expires after 30 years. Remembers that consent was given (or removed) by the user for analytics.
- CookieControl - This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on the site. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
- googleTranslateActive - expires after 1 day. Ensures Google Translate is open by default if in use.
- googtrans - current session. Stores language setting.
- _rspkrLoadCore - current session. Set if our accessibility plugin is used so that it works correctly.
- ReadSpeakerSettings - 4 days. Set if our accessibility plugin is used to remember your settings.
- cf_clearance - 1 year. Clearance Cookie stores the proof that the anti-bot challenge has passed.
Cloudflare - We use a challenge platform to protect the site from automated bots. As well as the cf_clearance cookie above, the following temporary cookies may be set during the process:
- cf-chl-XXXX: This cookie is used to check whether the Cloudflare Edge server supports cookies. It can be deleted if seen.
- cf-chl-rc-i - cf-chl-rc-ni: These cookies are for internal use which allows Cloudflare to identify production issues on clients.
Google Translate - We use Google Translate to allow you to translate this website into a variety of languages. If you use this service, and you are logged into Google, you have accepted Google's Privacy statement and cookie usage.
Performance Cookies (optional)
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often.
As Registered Social Landlords, we have a legal obligation to ensure we offer value for money to our customers, which includes the money we spend on managing our allocations. To do this we use analytics software (provided by our website provider Housing Online) to review how our website is used. We ensure we respect your privacy in the following ways:
- We anonymise data including removing parts of your ip address so you or your location cannot be identified
- We support browser 'Do Not Track' settings
- We do not share your data with any third parties (other than our website developer and hosting provider)
- We do not merge your data with any other data to attempt to identify you
- You can directly opt out of tracking and view your tracking status
- You will not be tracked unless you have accepted performance cookies.
The performance cookies used are:
- _pk_id – 13 months (used to store a few details about the user such as the unique visitor ID)
- _pk_ref – 6 months (used to store the attribution information, the referrer initially used to visit the website)
- _pk_ses, _pk_cvar, _pk_hsr – 30 minutes (short lived cookies used to temporarily store data for the visit)
- _pk_testcookie is created and should be then directly deleted (used to check whether the visitor’s browser supports cookies)
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
None of these cookies are used by this site
How to disable cookies on your browser
You may be able to change your Internet browser settings so that cookies (including required cookies) are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of our website.
Find out how to manage cookies for popular browsers by selecting an option below:
To find information relating to other browsers, please visit the browser developer’s website.